We are proud to welcome the founders of Helsinki Casting over to our studio to host an inspiring casting workshop at the Actors Academy. This two day workshop explores the prepared scene, cold read and improv audition scenarios. You will gain casting experience and lots of tips and tools on how to improve your casting work and what is really important.
Saturday 15:00 - 19:30
Sunday 10:00 - 14:30
About The Event
In this two day workshop you will work with professional Casting director Jantsu Puumalainen and Katri Aksola from Helsinki Casting and Acting Coach Nita Arpiainen from Actors Academy Finland.
On the first day you will attend a mock audition after which you will get feedback of your performance and of your resume. In addition there will be a Cold reading exercise and practical guidance to prepare you for the second day, as well as a QA and tips answering to questions such as 'how to prepare for castings and what to expect?'. The following day you will be guided through a screen acting -exercise for which you will be paired. The material of the second day will be recorded and edited into a short 20 sec reel for you to use in your acting showreel or any acting platform.
TO WHOM IT IS FOR
For starting or experienced actors, or anyone wanting to improve their casting skills and nerves, and the capacity to stay relaxed front of camera and effortlessly connect with text. No previous experience needed, the course is open to anyone.
YOU WILL LEARN
Through this workshop you will:
• Get inside knowledge and tips (the do’s & don’ts) on how to prepare yourself for castings
• Experience of mock casting situations and the auditioning process
• Practical tips on how to easily and quickly connect with any text or scene
• Cold read & other exercise experience as warm up’s
• A 20 sec edited reel of your scene
• Feedback from your audition and your professional materials such as CV's and headshots
• Your skills seen and your reel saved to Helsinki Casting's records
• Price: 185€ incl. VAT 24%
• Time: Sat & Sun / 22. - 23.5.2021
• Sat 15:00 - 19:30 & Sun 10:00 - 14:30
• Location: Actors Academy Finland, Pursimiehenkatu 26H, Helsinki
• Place is limited and will be filled on a 'first-come first-serve basis'.
• The booking for all events and workshops is binding. You can cancel 30 days prior to the event and receive a 50% return of your payment or you can pass on your spot to another person without an extra fee.
• Teaching language is English (Please keep in mind that you do not need to have perfect English/Finnish skills, and you do not need to worry about accent and pronunciation).
• All rights to changes reserved.
• You can find the event on Facebook here.
ABOUT HELSINKI CASTING
Helsinki Casting is a casting agency founded in 2016. They offer actors, performers and extras for movies and tv-productions, organise screen tests and provide ADs for productions.
They work in collaboration with the leading model and talent agencies in Finland and have an extensive network of both professional actors and amateurs. They work nationally and internationally and have founded the fastest growing database in Finland Faces by Helsinki Casting with over 18 000 actors and performers already registered.
ABOUT KATRI AKSOLA & JANTSU PUUMALAINEN
Jantsu Puumalainen (casting director and head of drama) and Katri Aksola (CEO) are the founders of Helsinki Casting.
They are both passionate about finding the right talent for each role. They won't rest until the truth Is found, meaning that the chosen actor needs to be 100% TRUE. They need to feel like they are right for the role, have the right look and suitable acting skills to deliver the role, whether it's big or small.
ABOUT NITA ARPIAINEN
Nita Arpiainen is an acting coach, actor and a holistic coach and the founder of Actors Academy Finland. In her previous career she has also worked as a TV presenter and producer.
Nita's deep passion and curiosity for acting, learning and personal growth is the underlying motivation for AAF to come alive. The vision for AAF was formed while Nita attended numerous acting schools and workshops in London at the Actors Studio, Giles Forman Acting Studio, City Academy and the Actors Temple to name a few, ultimately falling profoundly in love with the Meisner Technique, and it making a powerful and lasting impact on the way she viewed not just acting, but life and relationships as well. Her first studies and the journey into the world of the wonderful and forever-inspiring world of Meisner Technique started in 2015, and she has been lucky to have worked and learned with many great international teachers along the years.