LIVE: Screen Acting Workshop
with Gary Pillai
THIS EVENT IS SOLD OUT
30. - 31.8.2021
S O L D O U T
Due to unforeseen circumstances Tim Kent is unable to travel to Finland. However, we are very happy to announce that Gary Pillai, an acclaimed Acting Coach, Director and Actor, will be taking over Tim and teaching the workshop. You can read more about Gary below.
This workshop will arm you with the skills required to deliver a credible cinematic performance and give you confidence when stepping onto set with the crew. Build your confidence in performance, grasp the technical requirements of a screen actor and break down the structures of performing a scene with other actors under the guidance of an award winning director.
Monday 15:00 - 21:00
Tuesday 15:00 - 21:00
About The Event
Covering various genres, Gary will guide you through the process of working with a script and how to make it work for the camera. In addition, actors will be led through a series of exercises to encourage emotional freedom within the group.
Working closely with the Director, students will be given scenes suited to casting type, strength and natural performance, where they will gain an understanding of rehearsal techniques used in the industry.
TO WHOM IT IS FOR
For actors (advanced and beginners), performers, directors, writers and artists.
WHAT YOU GET
• You will learn key questions you need to ask of any character you might play.
• Work through a short scene provided and extract facts about the character and understand what can be built from these.
• Break down the structure of the scene to understand the character’s journey.
• You will cover a scene that’s broken into units of action and work out what is happening in each unit.
• Actors in pairs will then break down a scene on their own to work out the character journey.
• Pairs will then apply each segment to a performance to gauge how it guides you through the scene.
• The group will then summarise and understand how these techniques apply to filming.
• Price: €350
• Location: Actors Academy Finland, Pursimiehenkatu 26H, Helsinki
• 30. - 31.8.2021 / Monday & Tuesday 15:00 - 21:00
• Place is limited and will be filled on a 'first-come-first-serve' basis.
• The booking for all events and workshops is binding. You can cancel 30 days prior to the event and receive a 50% return of your payment or you can pass on your spot to another person without an extra fee.
• Teaching language is English (Please keep in mind that you do not need to have perfect English skills, and you do not need to worry about accent and pronunciation).
• All rights to changes reserved.
ABOUT GARY PILLAI
Gary Pillai is an Actor, Director and Acting coach. Gary is Head of Acting at Drama Studio London, visiting director at Rose Bruford, Manchester School of Theatre, Guildhall School of Music and Drama, National Youth Theatre, Fonact, Actors Studio. He is a guest lecturer for the Royal College of Art and the Finnish Institute in Athens.
As an actor he has worked extensively in film, television, theatre and radio. His numerous television credits include: Bodyguard, Game of Thrones, Black Earth Rising, Hard Sun, Silent Witness and Torchwood. He played Ivar, opposite Michelle Yeoh, in the critically acclaimed film ‘Far North’ directed by Oscar winning director Asif Kapadia. Gary has played lead roles at the Royal Shakespeare Company, National Theatre, Birmingham Rep, Royal Exchange, Royal Court, Sadler’s Wells and many other British Theatres. He has also performed with ground-breaking companies such as Shared Experience, Complicite, Tara Arts and Kali Theatre. He is an acting coach to many uk professional actors - currently all the principals in the forthcoming Sky drama 'Little Darlings'.