LIVE: Film Your Professional Showreel
27. - 30.1.2021
This workshop is for both aspiring actors as well as working professionals lacking screen acting material professionally filmed. Showreel scenes are a great way to show off your acting for casting purposes.
Are you an actor or a starting actor in need of a Showreel to capture your skill, look and sound on camera and into an edited professional scene and reel? Are you a professional actor in need of getting a certain casting type or themed scene as an add for your existing reel?
This four day workshop gets you trained, prepared and warmed up and connected into your scene and with your acting partner. The pre-filming training days prepare you with the tools and approaches you need to get your scene alive on-set. You will be paired up with an actor with similar level of experience and given a scene that works for your casting type.
Wednesday 27.1. 16:00 - 21:00
Thursday 28.1. 16:00 - 21:00
Rehearsal & Set-up on-set
Friday 29.1. 16:00 - 20:00
Saturday 30.1 between 09:00 - 18:00
About The Event
You get to prepare a scene over two training days at the studio using Cold Reading, Meisner Technique and simple scene break down and analysis with the support of acting coach Nita Arpiainen. You will be exploring the scenes with your partner using different cold-reading methods and delving into the emotional journey with basic Meisner Technique exercises.On the reahearsal day we will work the scenes through with our UK based director-DOP on-set and get ready for filming. On the fourth day you'll get to film the scene on-location.
The end product will be a personalized showreel with a one-minute high-quality professionally filmed and edited scene for you.
TO WHOM IT IS FOR
This workshop is for actors with varied experience wanting a professionally filmed showreel or an extra scene into their existing reel, or anyone keen to learn or explore acting for screen. For both aspiring actors and professionals.
• Price: 650€ incl. VAT 24% JOUSTO Part Payment option available
• Training Days will happen at the Studio on Pursimiehenkatu 26 H, 00150 Helsinki
• Rehearsal & Filming day on location: T.B.A. closer, capital area
• Class times:
Training Days: Wednesday - Friday 27. - 29.1.2021 / 16:00 - 21:00
Filming Day: Saturday 30.1.2021 / Between 09:00 - 18:00
• Place is limited and will be filled on a 'first-come-first-serve' basis.
• The booking for all events and workshops is binding. You can cancel 30 days prior to the event and receive a 50% return of your payment or you can pass on your spot to another person without an extra fee.
• Teaching language is English (Please keep in mind that you do not need to have perfect English skills, and you do not need to worry about accent and pronunciation).
• All rights to changes reserved.
• You can find the event on Facebook here.
WHAT DO YOU GET?
Through this workshop you will:
• Get an edited professional quality one-scene Showreel
• Tools and approaches you need to get your scene alive on-set
• Learn the basics of the famous Meisner Technique Repetition exercise
• Learn an easy and great Cold Reading warm-up
• Learn to express and be yourself more freely and bravely in front of camera
• Create more freedom to be present and live by your moment-to-moment instincts
• Strengthen your self-confidence and connection with yourself
• Strengthen your capacity to really listen and connect with acting partner
• Deepen your emotional expression and understanding of the scene
• Experience and confidence in working in front of camera
ABOUT NITA ARPIAINEN
Nita Arpiainen is an acting coach, actor and a holistic coach and the founder of Actors Academy Finland. In her previous career she has also worked as a TV presenter and producer.
Nita's deep passion and curiosity for acting, learning and personal growth is the underlying motivation for AAF to come alive. The vision for AAF was formed while Nita attended numerous acting schools and workshops in London at the Actors Studio, Giles Forman Acting Studio, City Academy and the Actors Temple to name a few, ultimately falling profoundly in love with the Meisner Technique, and it making a powerful and lasting impact on the way she viewed not just acting, but life and relationships as well. Her first studies and the journey into the world of the wonderful and forever-inspiring world of Meisner Technique started in 2015, and she has been lucky to have worked and learned with many great international teachers along the years.
ABOUT WILL AUSTIN
Will is a London-based actor, cinematographer and director, with many years of professional filming, directing and editing experience. His expertise is in creating high-quality showreel scenes for actors. Having worked as an actor on various movies and television shows himself, including BBC's Casualty, Doctor Who, The Coronor, Doctors, The Windsors, Babylon, 24:Live Another Day, Mission Impossible:Rogue Nation and more, he understands what it's like to be in front of the lens and also what is required in creating a high-quality showreel for both international agents and casting directors.