LIVE: Authentic Me
Meisner Technique - workshop
with Nita Arpiainen
Tue & Wed evenings 15.-16.12.
This two evening workshop helps you to access and express your truthful impulses and feelings based on your partners behaviour, through exploration of the famous 'Repetition Exercise'. The workshop suits beginners and all levels of Meisner students or anyone wanting to learn to connect better with their authentic emotional impulses and others.
Tuesday: 16:00 - 21:00
Wednesday: 16:00 - 21:00
About The Event
How would it feel like to have the permission to be fully humane and wholesome? How would it feel like to be fully seen and heard as your true self without masks? How would it feel to not fear confrontation or being connected and vulnerable with another?
Ever since childhood and throughout our lives we've learnt to close ourselves from our natural impulses, senses and emotions. This workshop helps you to dive back into your true self, especially into your emotional life and its empowering spectrum, through Meisner technique alongside with other tools and exercises. In a variety of group and partner exercises we will learn to express ourselves, truly listen to another and to be present.
The capacity for emotional intelligence and presence is a highly valued skill in todays world, not only in acting platforms but in any types of relationships and interactions, whether in business or personal.
TO WHOM IT IS
For actors and non-actors. Anyone wanting to understand their emotional life and the authentic human connections deeper. Also great for actors, directors, writers and artists. For anyone wanting to learn about the Meisner Technique or learn about the basics of truthful acting. Anyone curious of the famous Meisner Technique.
WHAT DO YOU GET
Through this workshop you will:
• learn to express and be yourself more freely and bravely
• create more freedom to be present and live in the moment
• strengthen your self-confidence and connection to your intuition
• strengthen your capacity to really listen and connect with another
• deepen your emotional expression and understanding
• develop your communication and relationship skills
• find healthy and organic ways to let go of fear and feel more relaxed and confident in any types of performances
• enhance your capacity to drop down masks and live in your authenticity
• strengthen your sensitivity and awareness of the other person's emotional life and expression
• get many useful tools to finding authentic emotional expression to any performing platform
• as a director get highly applicable tools and approches on how to gently help actors connect to their authentic emotional life
You do not need any previous experience, the course is open to anyone.
• Price: 125€ incl. VAT 24%
• Time: Tue & Wed / 15.-16.12.2020 / 16:00 - 21:00
• Location: Actors Academy Finland, Pursimiehenkatu 26H, Helsinki
• Place is limited and will be filled on 'first-come first-serve basis'.
• The booking for all events and workshops is binding. You can cancel 30 days prior the event and receive a 50% return of your payment or you can pass on your spot to another person without an extra fee.
• Teaching language is English (Please keep in mind that you do not need to have perfect English skills, and you do not need to worry about accent and pronunciation).
• All rights to changes reserved.
• You can find the event on Facebook in this link here.
ABOUT NITA ARPIAINEN
Nita Arpiainen is an acting coach, actor and a holistic coach and the founder of Actors Academy Finland. In her previous career she has also worked as a TV presenter and producer.
Nita's deep passion and curiosity for acting, learning and personal growth is the underlying motivation for AAF to come alive. The vision for AAF was formed while Nita attended numerous acting schools and workshops in London at the Actors Studio, Giles Forman Acting Studio, City Academy and the Actors Temple to name a few, ultimately falling profoundly in love with the Meisner Technique, and it making a powerful and lasting impact on the way she viewed not just acting, but life and relationships as well. Her first studies and the journey into the world of the wonderful and forever-inspiring world of Meisner Technique started in 2015, and she has been lucky to have worked and learned with many great international teachers along the years.
ABOUT MEISNER TECHNIQUE
The Meisner technique is an approach to acting which was developed by the American theatre practitioner Sanford Meisner. The focus of the Meisner approach is for the actor to "get out of their head", such that the actor is behaving instinctively to the surrounding environment. To this end, some exercises for the Meisner technique are rooted in repetition so that the words are deemed insignificant compared to the underlying emotion. In the Meisner technique, there is a greater focus on the other actor as opposed to one's internal thoughts or feelings associated to the character.
Meisner Training is an interdependent series of training exercises that build on one another. The more complex work supports a command of dramatic text. Students work on a series of progressively complex exercises to develop an ability to first improvise, then to access an emotional life, and finally to bring the spontaneity of improvisation and the richness of personal response to textual work. The techniques developed the behavioral strand of Stanislavski's. The technique is used to develop improvisation skills as well as "interpreting a script, and creating the specific physical characteristics of each character the actor played”.
Sanford Meisner said that his approach to training “is based on bringing the actor back to his emotional impulses and to acting that is firmly rooted in the instinctive. It is based on the fact that all good acting comes from the heart, as it were, and that there’s no mentality to it.”
Learn to live in the moment as an actor, and let go of any idea of result. Learn what it means to really “do” and to respond truthfully to a given moment based on what you get from your partner. Through improvisation, emotional truth and personal response learn to resonate authenticity within a given circumstance. Only in this way will you begin to understand the definition of real acting, which is “to live truthfully under the imaginary circumstances”.
“If you want to reach every person in the audience, it's not about being bigger, it's about going deeper.”
- Sanford Meisner